- February 5 – Sign-ups for Flag and Tackle Football begin on-line at wjlf.org
- February 12 – Flag Football Sign-ups in person at Lakeview Football Fields 8:00 a.m. to noon.
- February 19 – Flag Football Sign-ups in person at Lakeview Football Fields 8:00 a.m. to noon.
- March 7 (Week of) – Flag Football Practice begins.
- March 27 – First Flag Football Game. Other Flag games on April 3, 10, 24. Playoffs on May 1.
- March 30 – In Person Tackle Sign-ups 6:30-9:00
- April 6 – In Person Tackle Sign-ups 6:30-9:00
- July 6 & 7 – Equipment Issue 7:00-9:00
- July 12, 13, 14 – WJFL Camp 7:00-8:30
- July 18 – Team Camps may be held.
- July 25 – First official day practice may begin.
- July 29 – WJFL Golf Tournament
- August 5 – Fair Beer Stand Workers
- August 20 – WJFL Jamboree
- August 27 – 1st Game
- 10 – 2nd Game, Sept. 17 – 3rd Game, Sept. 24 – 4th Game, Oct. 1 – 5th Game, Oct. 8 – 6th Game
- 15 – 1st Round of Playoffs, Oct. 22 – Semifinals, Oct. 29 – Championships
Washington Junior Football League
“Fun, Fundamentals, Sportsmanship”
Flag Football Beginning This Spring!
- WJFL will be introducing a spring Flag Football season this year!! You do not have to participate in the fall Tackle program to participate. Registration is open to anyone who would like to participate including residents of other school districts and towns in our area.
- Flag Practice begins in March with games on Sunday March 27, April 3, 10 and 24. A playoff will be held on May 1.
- The fee for the Flag season is $75/player. You can sign up on-line at wjfl.org or come to one of our in person sign ups sessions at the Lakeview Football fields on Saturday February 12 or Saturday February 19 from 8:00-noon. If you participate in the fall Tackle season you will receive a $25 discount off of your Tackle registration fee.
- Sign-up for the WJFL 2022 fall Tackle season will take place Wednesday, March 30th and Wednesday, April 6th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Lakeview Football Fields (on Grand next to the YMCA). Sign-ups are also available on-line at org.
- Any student residing in the Washington School District or attending a private/parochial school within the district boundaries who will be in the 4th – 8th grade next year is eligible to participate in the fall Tackle program. Students residing in non-league towns are also eligible.
- Sign-up fee is $200. If you participate in both the Flag and Tackle leagues you will receive a $25 discount on your Tackle registration fee. Family discounts and financial aid are available. The fee includes all equipment but shoes. All equipment is the property of WJFL.
- Equipment will be issued on July 6 & 7 at Lakeview field. A preseason camp will be held in the evening on July 12, 13, & 14 for all grades. Practice begins the last week in July. The first game is scheduled for August 27. Each team will play a 6 game regular season schedule mostly on Saturdays with a playoff following the regular season.
- For the safety of our participants WJFL and 4-Rivers YFL are certified USA Football Heads Up leagues. All coaches are certified to teach the safest tackling and blocking methods and are trained in health, safety and fundamental techniques.
- More information is available at: org or by emailing league president Mike Newbanks at email@example.com or calling 314-795-1727.