Washington Junior Football League
“Fun, Fundamentals, Sportsmanship”
Celebrating our 29th year serving the Washington community!!
New This Year!! 4th Grade Teams
- Sign-ups for the WJFL 2017 season will take place Wednesday, March 29th and Wednesday, April 5th from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the Lakeview Football Fields (on Grand next to the YMCA). Player should be present to sign-up and be measured for equipment. Sign-ups are also available on-line at the following link: http://www.wjfl.org/index.php/2016-registration/
- Any student residing in the Washington School District or attending a private/parochial school within the district boundaries who will be in the 4th – 8th grade next year is eligible to participate. Students residing in non-league school districts are also eligible to participate in Washington. Example – New Haven, Franklin Co. R-II, etc.
- WJFL participates in the 4-Rivers Youth Football League along with teams from Union, St. Clair, Pacific, Eureka, Sullivan, Hermann, Owensville, Cuba, St. James, Blair Oaks and Northwest of Cedar Hill.
- Equipment will be issued on July 12 & 13 at Lakeview field. A preseason camp will be held in the evening on July 18, 19 & 20 for grades 4, 5 & 7 and July 19 & 20 for grades 6 & 8. A draft will be held on July 20 with practice beginning on July 24. The first game is scheduled for August 26. Each team will play a 6 game regular season schedule on Saturdays with a playoff following the regular season.
- Sign-up fee is $175 total which includes the mandatory sale of 5 – $10 cash raffle tickets. Family discounts and financial aid are available. The fee includes all equipment but shoes. All equipment is the property of WJFL.
- For the safety of our participants WJFL and 4-Rivers YFL are 100% certified USA Football Heads Up leagues. All coaches are certified to teach the safest tackling and blocking methods. WJFL uses certified top of the line safety equipment, with a certified sports trainer attending all home games.